Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Error details in monitoring

Error details in monitoring

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys.

I am trying to monitor and optimize one of our solutions.

I have started looking into the monitoring section, which is pretty cool, and I was wondering if there is any way to identify the page that generated an error in the event viewer.

I see the template error but I don't find anywhere I could get the page that triggered that error.
I am talking about Monitoring/EventViewer/Errors

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

In 9.6 it is possible to see which page etc. that caused the template issue. Can you post the event you are looking at - I want to check if it is one that records the page being shown.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Most important ones are Template errors.

Exception type: ThreadAbortException
​Error in razor template. System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at Dynamicweb.Frontend.Content.GetModuleOutput(Paragraph paragraph, PageView pageview)

Error compiling razor template. RazorEngine.Templating.TemplateCompilationException: Unable to compile template. 'Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Prices.PriceCalculated.PriceCalculated(Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Prices.PriceRaw)' is obsolete: 'Use currency and country dependent constructors instead

Error in razor template. System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

Does it help?

Can I send you anything else?

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

ThreadAbortException is because you do redirects

The other 2 exceptions pretty much explains what is wrong - so just fix them.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you. I am not sure what you mean by "..you do redirects.." what should I investigate? This solution is based on Rapido. Does it have anything to do with Javascript code?

The other 2 messages are self explanatory indeed but I don't know the pages where the error occured. That;s why I was asking for the page detail.

Until moving to 9.6, I guess I will have to check all templates :)

Anyway, it is a lot better than not having this information. Good job on it.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

It is based on Rapido, but maybe you made some customisations? I.e. it seems like you have a template that uses PriceCalculated which Rapido does not out of the box, AFAIK.

The redirects is when a httpcontext.Current.Response.Rediect occurs somewhere in a template. But looking closer at your call stack indicates that it might happen inside a module on a page somewhere - anyways, if that is the case they are also no longer logged in 9.6 as modules are supposed to do redirects (which always raises exceptions)

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

We have made some customizations but usually on the data that is displayed. We have added new properties in the feed and used them with Handlebars.

It's obvious that the errors are caused by something we did and not because of Rapido. I am just trying to figure out where I should apply a fix.

I am totally lost on that Redirects subject :) I will have to ask my colleagues to have a look.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

Don't do anything about the redirects. Its just how it is - and not a real error. The records related will not be logged once you upgrade to 9.6

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum