Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Error deploying data to producction server

Error deploying data to producction server

Jose Caudevilla

Hello:

Im trying to transfer some data from my stagging server to producction server using the deployment tool.

Here is the information https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/platform/platform-tools/deployment-tool

Both servers have the 9.8.7 version, to tranfer the data i downloaded the default data configurations from this page.

When im trying to transfer something to production i always get this error messages:

StackTrace: at Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProvider.CreateInstance(DataItemType itemType) at Dynamicweb.Deployment.LocalDeploymentProvider.ImportDataGroupsSecondPass(Package package, Tracker tracker, Dictionary`2 dataGroupsByParentId, String parentId) at Dynamicweb.Deployment.LocalDeploymentProvider.ImportPackage(String id, Package package, Tracker tracker) at Dynamicweb.Deployment.DeploymentProvider.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<DeployDataItemsFrom>b__0(Tracker tracker)	
Unable to import. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProvider.CreateInstance(DataItemType itemType) at Dynamicweb.Deployment.LocalDeploymentProvider.ImportDataGroupsSecondPass(Package package, Tracker tracker, Dictionary`2 dataGroupsByParentId, String parentId) at Dynamicweb.Deployment.LocalDeploymentProvider.ImportPackage(String id, Package package, Tracker tracker) at Dynamicweb.Deployment.DeploymentProvider.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<DeployDataItemsFrom>b__0(Tracker tracker)	

I dont know why happend this.

Kind regards,

Jose

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jose

Can you provide a bit of more information - can you show some screen dumps of what data you transfer?

Where is the solution hosted? DW or your own hosting?

Thanks, Nicolai

Jose Caudevilla

H Nicolai,

Staging server and production servers are hosted at DW servers. 

For example i want to tranfer my countries 

When i do it the log show the error of the open post:

In the case that i want to transfer the the product fields same happens:

Thanks, Jose

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Jose,

I can reproduce the issue and the error occurs because the configuration files are not compatible with your version of Dynamicweb and also the fact that we create instances of all deployment providers even if they are not used. So there are several things we need to fix here.

I have registered this as Bug 80902: NullReferenceException occurs during deployment when creating instance of provider

For now you can use this workaround...

Edit the file /Files/System/Deployment/DataGroups/Content.xml and remove the "Rows" DataItemType that references Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProviders.Content.GridRowDataItemProvider which is not available in your version of Dynamicweb.

<DataGroup Id="Content" Name="Content" ParentId="" Icon="Desktop">
  <DataItemTypes>
    <DataItemType Id="ItemTypes" Name="Item types" ProviderTypeName="Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProviders.Files.FilesDataItemProvider">
      <ProviderParameters>
        <Parameter Name="RecursiveSearch" Value="false" />
        <Parameter Name="TargetPath" Value="/Files/System/Items" />
      </ProviderParameters>
    </DataItemType>
    <DataItemType Id="Area" Name="Areas" ProviderTypeName="Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProviders.Content.AreaDataItemProvider">
    </DataItemType>
    <DataItemType Id="Page" Name="Pages" ProviderTypeName="Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProviders.Content.PageDataItemProvider">
    </DataItemType>
    <DataItemType Id="Paragraph" Name="Paragraphs" ProviderTypeName="Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProviders.Content.ParagraphDataItemProvider">
    </DataItemType>
    <DataItemType Id="Rows" Name="Rows" ProviderTypeName="Dynamicweb.Deployment.DataItemProviders.Content.GridRowDataItemProvider">
    </DataItemType>    
  </DataItemTypes>
</DataGroup>

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Morten

Votes for this answer: 1

Jose Caudevilla

Hi Morten,

Deleting this tag works perfect.

Thanks, kind regards.

Jose.

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Jose

The problem TFS#80902 "NullReferenceException occurs during deployment when creating instance of provider" has now been fixed in Package "Dynamicweb.Deployment" version 2.1.1

You are able to find this update in the backend Package update section.

Also the correction are part of the 9.9.0 and 9.8.9+ release 

You are able to find this version in the download section:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Please contact Dynamicweb Support if you need any additional help regarding this.

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum