Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Email Marketing

Email Marketing

Terri Donahue

Hi Team,

I am seeing Conversion errors on multiple implementations running different versions of Dynamicweb. I found this thread (http://developer.dynamicweb.com/forum.aspx?ThreadID=40412) but the answer does not work for either of these.

One solution is running 8.7.2.1. The message is failing sending, but the query mentioned above returns no results. We did do a lot of data cleanup recently on this solution but the failures were occuring before that. 

The other solution is running 8.8.0.4. The newsletter sends succesfully but when trying to access the Recipient list to view additional information, this error is returned:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value '271516//keyboard/piano/lord-of-my-heart' to data type int.

Both of these solutions are very large so providing a backup is difficult. I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks,

Terri

mag-newsletter.PNG

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

It sounds like a link that is registered in the database with the relative path and not an ID of a page. Something that could have gone wrong when editing the email.

Can you provide the entire stack trace? I would like to see from where this comes. It could be the OMCLink.LinkUrl that contains a wrong value - if it is not a http it think it is internal, and something might go wrong there....?

Terri Donahue

Hi Nicolai,

Here is the full trace.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value '271516//keyboard/piano/lord-of-my-heart' to data type int.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value '271516//keyboard/piano/lord-of-my-heart' to data type int.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value '271516//keyboard/piano/lord-of-my-heart' to data type int.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +388
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +688
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4403
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows) +356
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more) +499
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read() +34
   System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping) +167
   System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue) +292
   System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) +529
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +422
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +420
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +278
   Dynamicweb.Database.CreateDataSet(IDbDataAdapter dataAdapter, Boolean withSchema) +122
   Dynamicweb.Database.CreateDataSet(String sql, IDbConnection connection, IDbTransaction transaction, Boolean withSchema, Dictionary`2 sqlParams) +366
   Dynamicweb.Database.CreateDataSet(String sql, String database, IDbConnection connection, IDbTransaction transaction, Boolean withSchema, Dictionary`2 sqlParams) +287
   Dynamicweb.Database.CreateDataTable(String sql) +46
   Dynamicweb.Modules.EmailMarketing.Statistics.EmailStatistics.GetEmailSessionsByUser(String userkey) +275
   Dynamicweb.Admin.RecipientDetails.GetEmailData() +70
   Dynamicweb.Admin.RecipientDetails.GetCurrentEmailInfo() +125
   Dynamicweb.Admin.RecipientDetails.FillLists() +563
   Dynamicweb.Admin.RecipientDetails.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1267
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34274

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Terri

Can you have a look in [OMCLinkClick].[LinkClickClickerKey] column for values which are not numeric? The field is Nvachar, but should contain just IDs.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Something like SELECT TOP 1000 [LinkClickId]
      ,[LinkClickLinkId]
      ,[LinkClickClickerKey]
      ,[LinkClickClickTime]
      ,[LinkClickSessionId]
  FROM [ecommerceBikez].[dbo].[OMCLinkClick]
  where LEN([LinkClickClickerKey])>6

Votes for this answer: 1

Terri Donahue

Thanks. That was perfect and resolve the issue.

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Is this an older site? We had a lot of trouble with this on one site and we wrote a SQL script that would clean up those bad records every minute or so. I don't see the task on the server anymore so it may be that the issue was resolved in a later version of DW so we deleted the task.

Imar

You must be logged in to post in the forum