Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » dwapi for Items

dwapi for Items

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Are there any plans to have web api for Items? I know we can get for Pages and Paragraphs, but I am trying to answer a customer about Items in general and generically.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Items reside on a page or a paragraph and they return the items. Pages and paragraphs handles permissions etc, so giving you the raw item data is not on our radard.

You can also query paragraphs and pages based on their item type.

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for the insight. They actually asked for POST  methods on Pages and Paragraphs since I posted this.

I know they are using Pages and Paragraphs (as Items) and use them as repository data (for structured data - check attachment), wihch is then consumed with ItemPublisher, QueryPublisher or API methods. In any case they can use the webapi to get the data, but forces them to go to the backend to add new data. That said, would there be any plans to have POST methods on Paragraphs and Pages to support such scenarios?

(Alternative is we/them create a custom webapi route for this purpose- they have a knowledgeable team, but sometimes resort to us for additional help)

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Item_repository.jpg

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Nuno

You will see no posts on the delivery api as that would make it an admin API. On DW9 that is not part of the plan. DW10 will have a complete admin api that will make it possible to do anything you can from the backend using a webapi. Until then, they can post to a page with the item creator on - it would give the same functionality.

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Ok, that sounds good. I'll talk to them about it. I don't believe it will be a big issue.

Thanks a lot,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum