Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » DW requesting News module

DW requesting News module

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

I am looking in detail into the Execution table for a project and I notice that every now and again some odd entries (just by hitting refresh). Here's the weirdest

https://www.screencast.com/t/8xO7ZcLtqzAi

The odd thing is, I am not using the News module, it's completely empty and there's no paragraph with the News module. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I do not see that when I hit the same url...

If you include the entire call stack in your dump, we might be able to locate it...

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

That's exactly why it's odd, because it does not happen often. If I keep refreshing eventually I'll get it (and a bunch of other things that might or might not have an impact). It took me a while to reproduce it again, but attached you can find a zip file with the saved HTML markup. It's such a long table, that this seemed the best way to send it. Maybe after a pool recycle? I have no idea.

The request was http://abbycadabby.dw-demo2.com/search-results?q=&debug=true in case you need to try it again and see the differences between then and what's attached. We're using 9.4.18

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

It's because you have custom URLs for News enabled under Web and HTTP | Customized URLs. When building the tree, DW apparently also rebuilds the list of custom URLs for other modules such as news. I disabled the setting in the backend and I haven't seen it in the debug output anymore since.

Nuno Aguiar

HI Imar,

I followed that advice and disabled Customized URLs for News, Forum and Manufacturers in the QA environment. What's still odd to me if why it would even reach out to the News module if there's no News App in the tree. Since the friendly URLs are not stored anywhere, makes me wonder why. I don't want to dweal on it though, and if that's the way it is, that's the way it is.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I guess the URL builder for News should have checked if news was installed but it doesn't apparently. Maybe to ensure links don't break when you turn it off? Not sure...

You must be logged in to post in the forum