Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Does DW anti-spam apply to FORUM too?

Does DW anti-spam apply to FORUM too?

Ton Martens

Hi,

Our customer on DW 8.2.1.3 uses the FORUM module. We would like to know if the DW8 anti-spam feature, applies to this forum module.

Thanks.

Ton

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Ton

No. Usually forum requires a logged in user. I.e. we never have any spam on this forum which uses the DW 8 forum module.

BR Nicolai

Ton Martens

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for your reply. However, I just visited their website and was able to post a new thread with a non-existing e-mailadres which was not logged in...?

Ton Martens

I dubble checked. The forum module itself does not force a poster to be logged on. So the question to apply this anti-spam option to the forum still applies.

Remi Muller

Please clarify why spam checking is not done. It is possible to allow anonymous users to make a post.

Also i want to broaden the question.

Is spam checking done on News comments en CMS page comments?

Sten Hougaard

SPAM handling is a general issue, and on say Wordpress it is handled very successfully using something like this:

http://www.codeplex.com/wikipage?ProjectName=AkismetApi

A generic on Dynamicweb backend level handling using standard spam handling functionality like Akismet makes sense IMHO.

We have customers being dragged down in performance due to robots and spam, and it most of it takes place on a request level.

That is I guess also one of the focus points on the latest DW anti-spam code (a session must exist for a post to be accepted).

I would love if if someone posted a link to documentation of this new feature :-)

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,

Sten Hougaard
Webudvikler

A: København/Aarhus . W: www.1stweb.dk
@: netsi1964

You must be logged in to post in the forum