Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Does disabling DW-statistics ensure, that no DW-cookies are saved in the browser?

Does disabling DW-statistics ensure, that no DW-cookies are saved in the browser?

Jacob Bertelsen

Hi all,

I was trying to sell a cookie-notification to one of our customers, and the customer had this nice question:

"Can't we just disable DW-statistics, because then there should be nothing to save by using cookies?"

Does disabling DW-statistics ensure, that no DW-cookies are saved in the browser?

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Jacob

If you do not use Google analytics (or other analytics), any social media plugins, i.e. Facebook, DW extranet module, statistics, ecommerce, forum or any custom cookies, you might not need it. That should make DW only send out the session cookie which is not required to kindly inform the user the existence of...

BR Nicolai

Jacob Bertelsen

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for your swift response :)

If I tell the customer that they can avoid cookies from DW, by disabling statistics, I then need the customer's browser to not contain cookies from DW.
Otherwise, at some time, a customer will find out that the session cookie is present, and it will reflect poorly on me.

Unless that session cookie is sent by the IIS no matter what, I would tell the customer that DW cookies cannot be disabled.

Is it a specific DW session cookie?

Kind regards
Jacob

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

It is the IIS session cookie.

It is needed to make a website work and is not part of the requirements of popping that anoying dialog.

But a customer with no analytics at all?

Jacob Bertelsen

No analytics at all - websites like that do still exist :) .

it is a very very old website, though, and they wish no analytics or anything.

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Kind regards

Jacob

You must be logged in to post in the forum