Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Documentation for The Grid Engine

Documentation for The Grid Engine

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

I can't fint any documentation on the Grid Engine introduced in Dynamicweb 9.3. I have found some threads here on the forum about issues regarding the Grid Engine but from that I can't make it work on my own DW9.5 installation. Are there no documentation? 

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Lars

There is none, and I recommend you not to use it. If you already are using it, let me know what you need to know, and I'll help you out.

BR Nicolai

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

In the meantime I managed to setup a pagetemplate that uses the Grid Engine. And I would very much like to use it on one of our new projects. Why do you recommend not to use it?

Nicolai Pedersen

Because of its adoption and level of features. I do not find it complete enough to be really good. It does work though, but is limited in features.

BR Nicolai

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Maybe the adoption is weak because of the lack of documentation wink

I would really like to use it, but if I use it can I then rely on it not being removed from Dynamicweb in the feature?

Nicolai Pedersen

It will not be removed on DW9. What will happen in DW10, I cannot promise - years ahead though!

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

Is still the case? Is there no documentation on how to use grids, and you are still considering abendening it?

/Hans

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Grid is old and deprecated and never flew.

Visual Content builder also uses a grid, and can be found here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/content/tools/visual-editor

Votes for this answer: 1

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

ok, thank you  Nicolai

/Hans

You must be logged in to post in the forum