Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Data Portability app

Data Portability app

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

I would like to test the Data Protability app. So I have set up a form on a page. The form is set up to with a field which is used to give consent ("linked" to an activity in the Data Processing app). I have set up a page with the Data Portability app on a paragraph and the standard app template "/Templates/DataPortability/Form.cshtml". In the Data Portability app all the default Data definitions (User, Content, Ecommerce) are set up. Now I have filled the form and submitted it more than one time. Right after in the same session I have submitted the Data Protability app form but nothing is downloaded. What can be wrong here?

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Lars,

Data Processing and Data Portability are two different things.

Data Processing makes it possible for a user (authenticated) or a visitor (not authenticated) to give and withdraw consents to some activities.

Data Portability makes it possible for a user (authenticated) to download data created by that user (orders, forum posts, etc.).

So my guess is that the user is not authenticated?

Best regards,
Morten

Votes for this answer: 1

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Morten

You're right - the user was not authenticated - my bad!

Jan Sangill

Hi, Sorry to Hijack this thread.

Any plans for the Data Portability app - to also be able to search for data for user NOT authenticated. Could be a wildcard search for ones name or email.

Could be users who have submitted forms without being a user.

or would that have to be custom made by our selves?

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jan

Well - it would be the biggest security issue and GDPR breach of all times if you allow anonymous users to search for personal data in your database... So YES - that would be custom.

But you have the visitor related information - which is for users not logged in. But they can not do free text searches for other peoples personal data.

BR Nicolai

Jan Sangill

Haha, yah, I see your point:>

I think I miswrote. What I meant was:

If I was logged in as an admin in the backend - and then from there do the magic:>

You must be logged in to post in the forum