Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Custom reporting of newsletter data

Custom reporting of newsletter data

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I am building a report that will be fed into a CRM to identify which users has received which newsletter. In order to do that, I created the followign query:

SELECT TOP (200) EmailRecipient.RecipientId, EmailRecipient.RecipientName, EmailRecipient.RecipientEmailAddress, EmailMessage.MessageId, EmailMessage.MessageSubject, EmailAction.ActionTimestamp, EmailAction.ActionType
FROM   EmailAction INNER JOIN
             EmailMessage ON EmailAction.ActionMessageId = EmailMessage.MessageId INNER JOIN
             EmailRecipient ON EmailAction.ActionRecipientId = EmailRecipient.RecipientId

This returns data like this:

RecipientId RecipientName RecipientEmailAddress MessageId MessageSubject ActionTimestamp         ActionType
----------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1           My Name       me@example.com        6         Email name     2015-04-06 13:36:41.200 EmailMessaging_Opened

which seems to be exactly what I want.

A few questions:

1. Is this query indeed correct?

2. What are the options for ActionType? I have seen EmailMessaging_Opened and EmailMarketing_Unsubscribe. Are there others?

3. What are the *String columns used for in the EmailAction table?

4. Where do I find other information such as the device the email was opened on?

Thanks in advance.

Imar

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Bump. Looking at this again, so would love to know more.

Imar

You must be logged in to post in the forum