Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » creating newsletter results in .Net-error

creating newsletter results in .Net-error

Ton Martens

Hi,

On version 8.6.0.0.

Module Newsletter V3. When creating "New Newsletter", the following .Net error occurs. Please help.

Thanks,

Ton

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'F_NewsItemsSelectionList', but its type (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlIframe).

Source Error: 

Line 486:
Line 487:<div id="DIV_NewsItemsSelectionList" runat="server" style="display:none;position:absolute;border-left: #333333 1px solid;border-top:#333333 1px solid;border-right:#333333 1px solid;border-bottom:#333333 1px solid">
Line 488:<iframe id="F_NewsItemsSelectionList" frameborder="no" runat="server" style="overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:364px;height:229px;">
Line 489:</iframe>
Line 490:</div>

Source File: /Admin/Module/NewsLetterV3/Control/SelectNewsItems.ascx    Line: 488 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34249

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Ton

That is because you upgrade from a version of Dynamicweb that runs on .NET 4 and 8.6 is based on 4.5. It is the same runtime, but compiler and framework is different.

This error occurs because your target framework in web.config is set to 4.0 - change it to 4.5 - make a diff on the web.config from DW.

BR Nicolai

Ton Martens

Hi Nicolai,

Many thanks, I will do so.

Kind regards,

Ton

Ton Martens

Nicolai,

I changed the section (see below), but no effect. Any suggestions?

Thanks

<httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5.1"  executionTimeout="600" maxRequestLength="512000" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false" minFreeThreads="8" minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4" appRequestQueueLimit="100" enableVersionHeader="true" requestValidationMode="2.0" requestPathInvalidCharacters="&lt;,>,*,%,:,\,?" />

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Did you install 4.5 on the server?

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen
<system.web>
    <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" />
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5"/>
</system.web>

Ton Martens

Thanks again. Will check!

Ton Martens

Framework 4.5.1 appears to be installed, still the error occurs. 

Any suggestions?

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hm. Need a copy of the solution or an access to the server then. Or you should really upgrade to 8.6.1.* first. We might have fixed it.

Ton Martens

We're discussing the possibilty of giving access to our test environment.

By the way, in my opinion, the release docs should mention it if this problem has been fixed already. We spend too much time updating because it's not always clear if problems have been fixed or not.

Thanks,

Ton

Jeroen Elias

Nicolai, in what way do you wish to have access to that environment?

Is web-access enough, or do you need Remote Desktop access?

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Ton and Jeroen

I need RDP access if you can not locate the error your selves.

The file Admin/Module/NewsLetterV3/Control/SelectNewsItems.ascx has not been changed since 2011.

​This error probably has something to do with .NET version and/or web.config. If your web.config is OK as stated above, I do not know what is wrong, but if I have access to the server I can figure it out by Googling and checking the server configuration. We do not see this error on any of our test servers nor on my local installation.

​BR Nicolai

Jeroen Elias

Can we have contact using Skype to exchange info about how to connect?

Please send me a PM to j.elias@bluedesk.nl

Jeroen Elias

Problem is solved.

There was an additional attribute "targetFrameWork" with the value "4.5.1" in the compilation node in the Web.config.

On the server Framework 4.5.2 was installed and that seems to supersede 4.5.1

Removing that attribute resolved the problem.

You must be logged in to post in the forum