Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Copy language pages

Copy language pages

Thomas Schroll

Hi

I have an item with 6 language versions. I'm setting up personalization with 14 profiles. For this to work I need to make 14 copies of the items. When I copy an item the langauge versions are not copied. Does anybody know if it is possible to keep the language version on copy?

This is only the initial setup. If it pays out, I need to do exactly the same with many other pages and that would mean quite a lot of work spent on copying content instead of doing the actual personalization.

Regards Thomas

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Thomas

When you copy pages in the master, you can go to the Advanced tab on page properties, choose languages, and recreate the page on all the languages you need. See dump.

If you create pages instead (i.e. using a template), they will created on the languages automatically.

This is by design.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG

Thomas Schroll

Hi Nicolai

The problem isn't the creation of language layers. The problem is the content of the language layers. When I restore languages to the english master language, all languages will consist of a copy of the master layer e.g. text in english. If I have copied the item with a german, spanish and french language the content of those language layers will be english. When setting up many different pages in many languages (personalization) with only slightly variations in the text, it is quite a lot of work, that could be avoided if dw also copied the content.

I know the risk of copying many language layers (I believe you have made a reply to a post before). My hope is that there is a checkbox I could tick to override the default behavior?

Regards Thomas

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Thomas

Yes, I got it. I've noted it as a request - i've seen it before, but it will not be in a near future...

BR Nicolai

Thomas Schroll

Great, thanks.

Regards Thomas

You must be logged in to post in the forum