Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Clear all session carts

Clear all session carts

Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We've migrated a big solution with a lot of custom development to Dynamicweb 8.1.1.7. We still need to work with Cart v1 due to custom payment gateways (upgrading to cart v2 is something for the future in the site's redesign).

Our problem now seems to be with cart v1, where user's that my have a cart, have problems when accessing it. Is there a way to clear all cart sessions? Or is this a problem with this version?

Best Regards,

Replies

Morten Bengtson

Hi Nuno,

When a user adds someting to the cart then it is stored in eCommerce as an incomplete order and a reference to the cart is stored in a cookie. When a user returns to the site a few days later then the cart from the previous visit is loaded again - unless the order was completed.

If you open up the eCommerce orders list in the administration you can filter the order list by setting "Order progress" to "Not completed orders" and optionally choose a start/end date. Then you can just delete all those old carts. This should solve the problems that often occur after making changes to the checkout process (added/removed order fields or order line fields).

/Morten

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Morten,

I actually ended up querying the SQL and deleted everything, but that did not solve my problem. However for this subject, I believe your's is the best approach.

I will keep digging on my problem to find the source and hopefully a solution.

Best Regards,

Nuno

You must be logged in to post in the forum