Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Captcha in forms

Captcha in forms

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

I have just received a request form one of our customers to put Captcha in all forms in order to prevent SPAM.

I need an official opinion about the relevance of captcha for our forms. I know there is a form of SPAM prevention in the forms already and it is not based on captcha. Is that enough to get the same result? What argument should I use to argue agauinst use of Captha in Forms for Editors forms?

Thanks,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

There are a ton of reasons why Captchas should be avoided. It is like locking up your store to avoid shoplifting - it is a really bad business idea as you would also lock out your customers. Google researches/opinions in the field - there are many.

Dynamicweb has a relatively good builtin mechanism to prevent spam in forms - in 9.3 it gets more features to be even better.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for your response.

I am aware that captcha should be avoided but some customers are old fashioned or they've got bad advice.

It's safe to say then, that our built in anti-spam functionality for forms will provide at least the same level of protection against SPAM?

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Not the same level - since captchas require a (super natural) human.

The forms module is extendable, so you can add a captcha custom if needed.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Ok. Understood. I will see how much they cling onto Captcha.

Thanks,

Adrian

George Nelzo Pereira

Hi Adrian,

I made a solution to this... Contact me if you want talk.

george@hupx.com.br

You must be logged in to post in the forum