Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Cannot delete page

Cannot delete page

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We upgraded a solution to 9.4.6 recently and now when we try to delete pages we get an "Access denied" warning. What do we need to do to get proper permissions (I am using an Angel account).

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

I looked a bit more into this and I activated the new permissions model (still in Beta) and now I can delete pages again.

Is this a feature we should be able to trigger on or off without issues? I am wondering if me or anyone turned it on before, made some changes and then disabled the feature with the expectation that nothing would break.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

This is a known bug fixed in 9.4.7

Votes for this answer: 1

Martin Vang
Martin Vang

Hi Nuno,

You supposed to be able to turn it on and off without incident - they are completely seperate. You can also turn on the new permission model, setup some permissions, change back to the old and then later change to the new, which will have saved your previous changes.

New Permissions are saved in UnifiedPermissions table in db. Old permissions are.. in different places. :)

You should also be able to use the following setup:

Dev + Prod

1. Copy site etc. from prod to Dev.

2. Setup all permissions in new model on dev.

3. Copy content of Dev's UnifiedPermissions table to Prod.

4. Prod now has permissions for new model ready for when the checkbox is ticked (assuming you didn't change IDs for whatever you gave permissions, such as PageId etc.)

BR

Martin

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. That's very helpful to setup and deploy to different environments. Great to know.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum