Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Button and Anchor in Editor is not properly working

Button and Anchor in Editor is not properly working

Khaing May Thaw

Dear all,

The button and anchor in CK Editor is not working.

For the button, I select the text and choose the button icon but nothing changes in editor and page also.

For the Anchor, I select the text and choose the anchor icon, it showing the anchor sign in the editor but nothing changes on the page.

Kindly refer to the attached files.

I had selected the developer.js file in the Editor configuration also but it seems still not working yet.

Kindly suggest to me what did I miss.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

May Thaw.

image1.png image2.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi May Thaw

The anchor just inserts some code. After you have inserted the anchor, you need to insert a link (using the link button, choosing anchor as target) in the same editor instance that targets that anchor. You cannot see the anchor it self in the frontend.

Button is part of forms which is not supported in the editor install we deliver because forms has to run in the forms module. So the forms addin, and hence the button, are not installed in Dynamicweb. If you need it, you have to install those your self. I would not recommend this.

Also be aware that we have shipped Dynamicweb with Tiny MCE and you should consider switching to that since that is much more modern.

Maybe you can tell what you are trying to do - there might be better ways.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum