Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Backend caching in DW9

Backend caching in DW9

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

We have recently started working with DW9 and we experience an unusual delay in updating changes we make to content. New fields on items, new item types, new paragraph templates etc.

Is there a caching setting for Backend that I can tweak?

Thanks,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

No, if this is the case it sounds more like a bug. Do you have some of this reproduced? We would very much like to hear it.

Thanks, Nicolai

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I will ask my coleagues to record something. We are experiencing delays in update of the changes made. usuallt ItemType related or template related. They propagate very slow and it usually requires a lot of clear-cache on the browser.

First delay we noticed when we created the first template on the solution and allocated it to the Area.

It took about 5 minutes for that change to propagate and allow us  to select a page template from that folder. The same goes for defining a content area inside a template.

If you wanna play with it, here is a link of the solution: http://bioverativ.dw.kom-design.de/

It's hosted on the NA Team servers, therefore a missconfiguration of the hosting is very unlikely. 

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum