Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Automated email based on product (or maybe items) values

Automated email based on product (or maybe items) values

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

We are working on a solution for a real estate agency, that wants a "newsletter" solution, where their costumers sign up to an email where they choose values (eg. price range, location etc.)

Is it possible in Dynamicweb to send automated emails to recepients when a product is created, or edited (eg. lowering of asking price) - so that it matches the criterias that the recipient has entered?

I am thinking something like smartsearch, or maybe the new indexed searched (which I unfortunately havenĀ“t had the chance to loook into yet.)

Example: I sign up to get updates on all 3 bedroom houses sold in Copenhagen Area in the price range of 4 to 5 mio DKK. Everytime a House mathcing my criterias is created (or edited to match my criterias), I get an email notifier.

Email has to be automated, and maybe also sent instantly on created matching items, or sent once a day.

Replies

Jonas Krarup Dam

Hi Hans,

There is no built-in functionality to do this.

If you need to implement it yourself, I can think of two ways:

* Use the notificaiton subscriber: http://developer.dynamicweb-cms.com/api8/#Dynamicweb~Dynamicweb.Notifications.eCommerce+Product+AfterSaveArgs.html

* Create a RecipientProvider for email marketing - this would be very similar to the "back in stock recipients" provider that we provide.

Regards, Jonas

You must be logged in to post in the forum