Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Are there by chance any Excel wizards that can help me convert a timestamp to a human friendly value?

Are there by chance any Excel wizards that can help me convert a timestamp to a human friendly value?

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

Maybe wrong forum, but desperate times call for desperate measures, so here goes.

When exporting orders, we get this value

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><OrderCaptureInfo><Timestamp>-8585578580894875792</Timestamp><State>Success</State><Message>Capture successful</Message></OrderCaptureInfo>

We wan´t to convert the timestamp 8585578580894875792 to a more human friendly date and time value. Anyone got a way to do this simply in eg. Excel or some other simple/fast way?

/Hans

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Hans,

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Thank you very mutch Nuno 🙏

I think i stille have an issue with the dateformat. Converting 8585578580894875792 here, should give the same result https://www.epochconverter.com/ ?

But that gives me a date in year 2042. I got a reply from support, saying that is because i have to use GetBinary, but since we want to do it directly in Excel, that is not possible.

Does that mean the initial timestamp format is not a "universal" format, and therefore - it can´t be done in Excel, or is this another format that i am not aware of?

/Hans

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Hans,

Not sure. Try this formula instead https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/3467-excel-convert-serial-number-to-date.html#:~:text=do%20as%20follows.-,1.,need%20to%20convert%20to%20date.

I'm no expert in Excel, but from time to time I have to do some wacky things with it, so I try to google it as much as I can. The rule of thumb has always been to try to create some columns to get your partial values, because excel formulas can get messy pretty quick and it's hard to understand.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Thanks Nuno

Have tried converting from serial number, but that gives an error. Appears the dateformat in the export is quite unique and non-standard. I have also tried different online date converters, but nothing gives the right result.

I have appealed to the DEV department use standardised date format like Unix/Epoch.

/Hans

You must be logged in to post in the forum