Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Addresses in user groups

Addresses in user groups

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi,

I have several users from the same company. They all need to have their separate login within the Extranet, but also need to share the company details.

Each user shares the same multiple addresses, so it would be nice to be able to add these addresses to the user group (the company is created as a user group), but this is not possible in DW 9.4.15.

I guess I have to create the addresses for each user, even though there will be duplicates. If a user updates one of the addresses from their profile, I need to update all the other users' details for this address, which makes it tidious.

Are there smarter ways of accomplishing this?

--
Best regards
Kurt Moskjaer Andersen

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Kurt

Yes, I can see that - and we will soon be adding some features to our roadmap to better support this.

In the meantime you can do something like this:

1. Instead of creating a group (only) for the company, also create a user object for the company (Maybe using the new user types in DW9.4)
  2. On that "company user" add the addresses - and give the company a customer number
  3. Create users in the same group - give them the same customer number
  4. Now you can do either of these:
    1. Use impersonation to let the logins impersonate the company and checkout as them
      or
    2. In your template, find the company user using the Users api - and the get the addresses for that object using the UserAddress.GetUserAddresses(userid) method to retrieve the addresses.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks, I will go for your suggestion 4.2 :)

/Kurt

You must be logged in to post in the forum