Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Accessing ParagraphID in Rows

Accessing ParagraphID in Rows

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I am trying to add an ID to each row and use ParagraphID as value.

However, when I try @Model.Item.ParagraphID I get 0 all over. The same goes for @Model.Item.PageID

Even though they are somewhat different elements, I believe they should expose the ParagraphID.

I have tried creating a link from a link field towards one of the rows (or columns depending on what is listed in the interface) and the link got a value for the link.

I am trying to get that same value as an ID on the Row template in order to create some anchor links on the page

I am using DW 9.8.9 and Rapido 3.4.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

A row has several paragraphids, one for each column in the row, so that does not make a lot of sense...

But I am not sure I understand what template you are in and what you are trying to achieve...

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

In short, I am trying to create an anchor link to a row using the built-in link control that allows the selection of Page, Paragraph, or File.

If I use the link property (from the HTML editor in this case) I can select something (my guess is a column) a column and the link contains a #{id}. I admit it is a bit confusing since in my case I have one row with one column.

I am now trying to add the ID to the RowBase template. I can also try to add the ID to the Column template as well if the link selection (when using the paragraph option) is selecting a column.

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

You can wrap each column in an anchor. And then just link to that. If you have i.e. 3 ancors in the same row, then it will just jump to one of them. And also work on mobile where they might be stacked.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Ok. I will try that.

Thank you,

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum