Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features »  Personalization

Personalization

Keerthy Sethupathy

Greetings, 

We have multiple customers who has become interested in using personalization. 
From this we have gathered some questions that hopefully someone here can answer. 

At the moment you are able to give some points when a user does some specific action, but it is not an option to indicate a minimum amount of points before a specific goal is met.
lets say that the user will se a banner/modal when they reach 20 points. Is that someting you have planned in the future, so you on a paragraph or page can set a minumum amount of points before hiding or showing the page/paragraph. 

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Keerthy

I do not understand your question.

If you give a visitor 10 points for some different actions to be of role XYZ, and you want that user to have done i.e. 3 actions before a banner is shown, you can define that each action will give 10 points, and define that the banner will be shown when it that role has 3x10 = points...

BR Nicolai

Keerthy Sethupathy

Hi Nicolai, 

Sorry for my bad English. 

Are you able to show me where i can set on a page or paragraph that page/paragraph needs to be shown or hidden, when a role reaches 3x10 points?

At the moment you can only set the amount of point an action gives(When visiting x page you collect 20 points). 

As i see it we would have to do everything trough TemplateTags and some custom websitesettings where you can select a paragraph and the amount of points that you need to reach before this paragraph is rendered in a Modal/Banner. 

Nicolai Pedersen

Check out this page: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/marketing/tools/personalization

Keerthy Sethupathy

Hi Nicolai, 

That has already been done. 

Nowhere it is written, where you can set a minumum amount of points. It only shows you how to assign profile points.  

At the moment the personalize page function is quite useless as the function activates as soon as your profile gets 1 point. Here i think it would be nice if you could set that a minumum amount of points you need to reach before a page is shown or hidden. 

Nicolai Pedersen

ok, understand. That you cannot. You can then make a "noprofile" profile that gets you 20 (or whatever your threshold) points for just arriving on the website. Then the other profiles will not be primary until that threshold is reached.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum