Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features »  No valid SMTP host found

No valid SMTP host found

Gaëtan Di Caro

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the mail server settings for one of our solutions. The "test mail settings" passes without problem, but emails don't get sent (logged with errors, so I know it's at least trying). However if, on the same server, I configure for example firebird with the exact same settings, I can send emails normally. The server is protected by login/password and uses ssl on port 465.

Any idea ? Here's the mail log :

[05.10.2017 09.11.27]: Send using Pickup Directory Service failed. Trying SMTP protocol.
[05.10.2017 09.12.27]: Error: Mail not sent.
[05.10.2017 09.12.27]: Error: No valid SMTP host found. Please specify a valid SMTP host in Control Panel. Errors: mail.uniweb.no: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpReplyReaderFactory.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 read, Boolean readLine)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpReplyReaderFactory.ReadLines(SmtpReplyReader caller, Boolean oneLine)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpReplyReaderFactory.ReadLine(SmtpReplyReader caller)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection()
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at Dynamicweb.Mailing.EmailHandler.SendUsingSmptProtocol(SmtpClient sender, MailMessage mailMessage, Boolean logging, Boolean& isFirstError)

Thanks

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

A quick search on Google:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20228644/smtpexception-unable-to-read-data-from-the-transport-connection-net-io-connect

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Gaëtan Di Caro

Ha thanks I missed that one somehow. Doesn't look like the credentials I have allow for port 587, I'll ask the customer for that.

You must be logged in to post in the forum