Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » ?debug=true in Dynamicweb9

?debug=true in Dynamicweb9

Søren Heide Larsen
Søren Heide Larsen

Hi,

?debug=true only gives the total execution time in Dynamicweb 9, can I some how enable the full Execution table again or is this not available in Dynamicweb9?

/Søren

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Søren

It gives the full table - better and more precise than you are used to.

Check source code that it does not get hidden somewhere? Or do you have a link (i.e. try it on this site)

NP

Søren Heide Larsen
Søren Heide Larsen

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for the quick response, as allways :)

The site is http://test.mydlf.niqweb.dk/?debug=true

Sounds good with the extra detailed execution table, looking forward to see it.

/Søren

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Søren

How did you hook up the pageview to the frontend? DW9 does that very differently compared to dw8, and this could indicate you still have a Default.aspx file or something in your project.

Could that be the case?

BR Nicolai

Søren Heide Larsen
Søren Heide Larsen

Hi,

I do not think that we have played with that part though that is not an area that I am very confident in. The Default.aspx is not in the project and I guess we do everything through web.config and global.asax.

We have a custom global.asax for bootstrapping and lifecycle management of our dependency injection, but we call all the methods in Dynamicweb.Admin.Global (Application_Start, Application_BeginRequest, Application_AuthenticateRequest, and so fourth). 

Everything on the site works as expected but I would like to tweak some more performance out of it to give the customer the best possible experience, which was why I needed ?debug :)

/Søren

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Ok, sounds ok. But I would take a look at that global.asax and make sure it does what it needs to do...

You are probably missing Application_EndRequest and its call to Dynamicweb.Frontend.GlobalAsaxHandler.Application_EndRequest method. That is the event that will get the debugging statement added to the response.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Søren Heide Larsen
Søren Heide Larsen

Worked like a charm :)

The method Application_EndRequest was not implemented in Dynamicweb8 so I missed this when upgrading, thank you!

/Søren

Nicolai Pedersen

Great! There you saw the change of the frontend pipeline smiley

You must be logged in to post in the forum