Developer forum

Forum » Swift » DW 9.15.2, Swift 1.19 - Gift card amount does not match gift card balance when applied

DW 9.15.2, Swift 1.19 - Gift card amount does not match gift card balance when applied

Roald Haahr

DW 9.15.2
Swift 1.19

Hi,

On a Swift solution we added a field for gift card code input in the cart. However, when I tested I noticed that the discount provided by the gift card does not match the balance on the added gift card. Also the discount given by the gift card decreases every time i load the cart. In the screen dump below I have added a gift card with a 100 kroner balance, but it only gives 51.20 kroner discount on first load. The second image shows the amount if you change step or load the cart again.

Kind regards,
Roald

After reloading the page

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

This requires a URL and/or your custom code.

Roald Haahr

Hi Nicolai,

I have sent the URL to Dynamicweb Care. The ticket number is 4610.

I have tried to disable all event listeners and other custom code in the solution, but it didn't solve the problem.

Kind regards,
Roald

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Wow, good catch! I was able to reproduce the issue when Settings > Ecommerce > Advanced configuration > Prices: "Prices in the database include VAT" is checked only. New task 12398 has been created to fix the bug. Thanks a lot for finding.

BR, Oleg QA

Nicolai Pedersen

And as a sidenote - prices in database with vat should never be active as it can cause lots of issues in solutions with multiple countries and currencies.

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Nicolai,

But prices inclusive vat in the database is often the case for b2c-solutions as they need to display prices with specific decimals.

Best regards, Anders

Nicolai Pedersen

Maybe, but that is still a very bad solution - if you have more than one currency or one country, those amounts will be calculated into a summerhat... Causing all kinds of things that you do not want. Also I still se a number of B2C sites that does not calculate VAT correctly in other countries because they did not discover the new EU VAT rules from july 1st 2021.

Basically if you have more than one currency or one delivery country (VAT region) or vat group or reverse vat charge or anything like that, prices including vat in database is really bad.

If you need to specify a specific sales price including vat, you can do that on the price matrix - either for the entire currency (and Dynamicweb will calculate the correct VAT based on delivery country) or set them individually for each country

2 Euro prices for different countries - both including VAT

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Anders and Roald

Bugfix #12398 regarding Gift card VAT and amount has been fixed in Dynamicweb hotfix 9.15.3 and 9.14.11

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Care Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum