Developer forum

Forum » Swift » Bug: Digital Assets Portal Download Link Email is blank

Bug: Digital Assets Portal Download Link Email is blank

George Jaros

We're trying to set up the Digital Assets Portal but the email that's coming when we send a download link is basically empty.  It doesn't contain a link, just a single line saying to click the link to download your assets.  You can see in the message source code an anchor tag is output, but nothing is in the tag:

Replies

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi George,

Can you see if you actually getting a file generated in the Files folder, when you are requesting a download?

Best regards,

Steffen

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Which version of Swift?

George Jaros

I don't see any files created that look like downloads.  Where would they be stored?

And the site is running Swift v1.17.0.

Nicolai Pedersen

I think you need to upgrade to latest Swift.

BR Nicolai

George Jaros

Swift has been upgraded to 1.23 and the email is still coming across without a link.  I also don't see any files generated anywhere for download.

George Jaros

Has anyone had a chance to look into this?  Thanks!

George Jaros

A few updates:

• We were able to find where the files are generated and they are getting created.  However, only images are getting exported.  There are PDF files attached to our test product, too, and those will only include in the download when ONLY the specific asset group with the PDFs is selected.
  • The Image Resolution doesn't appear to be respected.  I selected Web Images (72dpi) and the files came out with the same dimensions and a larger file size than choosing any of the other settings, including Origin.
  • The email is still getting sent without a download link.  

Pedro Meias
Pedro Meias

Hello,

We runned a couple of tests on this at CleanSwift - https://cleanswift.mydwsite1.com/

DW 9.15.13, SwiftRizzo 1.23.0

Test 1 - Open the Product Assets page, populate the form and press "Send download link" button

Request

Result

Generated file visible

Email

Looking at the docs of the dwapi, it seems the expecting a Parameter for the template called TemplatePath, but the default form is sending the parameter as Template

By the email screenshot it seems this currently using the default DW Template, instead of the Swift one.

Test 2 - Replace the Template parameter on the form with TemplatePath

Request

Generated file visible

Email

With this change it seems to be pointing to the SwiftEmail instead.

Let me know if there are any more tests I can do or any more data I can provide.

Thank you.

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Pedro

I just got it to work. I uploaded the missing template in ecom/productcatalog folder. The exception you see is a missing template.

I can see that the template parameter in Swift is wrong - we have a bug for it in Swift now and a fix is on the way.

Votes for this answer: 1

Pedro Meias
Pedro Meias

Hi Nicolai

Thank you. It's working now.

For the case George was mentioning. The template was in fact in ecom/productcatalog folder, but this template was using template tags instead of a ViewModel.

I replaced the template file with the one you provided and we have a link on the email now.

George Jaros

Great!  Now the email is coming through with a link and the file is genearted.  However the files doesn't seem to be generated correctly.  See my post above on October 25.

• We were able to find where the files are generated and they are getting created.  However, only images are getting exported.  There are PDF files attached to our test product, too, and those will only include in the download when ONLY the specific asset group with the PDFs is selected.
  • The Image Resolution doesn't appear to be respected.  I selected Web Images (72dpi) and the files came out with the same dimensions and a larger file size than choosing any of the other settings, including Origin.
  • The email is still getting sent without a download link.  
  • NEW: Nov 15 - Selecte option for Resolution was "Web images (png, dpi: 72)" and the image files in the zip were .webp format, not .png

George Jaros

Bump: Should I create a new post for the remaining issues of the files not being generated correctly now?

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi George

Could you please write a ticket to care@dynamicweb.dk with the open remaining issues.
The problems described should have been fixed. Let's test this together.

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Care Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum