Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Sending a welcome email to new LS loyalty club members

Sending a welcome email to new LS loyalty club members

Reynir Viðar Ingason

Hi there,

I am working with a customer and they plan on registering new loyalty club members in their brick and mortar POSs.
When this happens they need to send an email to the new club member with terms and conditions as well as to verify their email address.

There is also a desire to have all emails, marketing or otherwise, originate from DW.

What I am wandering is how it would be best to trigger the welcome email.
I see two promising ways of accomplishing this:

1. Have an api call for the POS or NAV servers to call and then send an email via DW. This would be quite a bit of custom code.
  2. Hook into an already existing sync(from LS to DW) and sending an email when noticing a new member in the sync. I don't know how members are synced between LS and DW in the the LSRetail add on so I would need advice on that. This would also mean that the email would arrive when running the sync as opposed to at the time the new member is registered.

Any advice on this front would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. the LS Retail documentations referes to an LS Retail dll on the downloads section but I find no such dll in that section.

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Reynir,
I can try to help you with solution #2. You can use those Dynamicweb extensibility points:
1. Table script: Process input row method: the first time you get into this method just cache all available existing users "AccessUserExternalId" values to some new your table script class property/variable or Conext.Items variable.
Then for the each processed input row method call check if the current row["AccessUserExternalId"] value is a new user value and store that to some other Context.Items variable collection.
2. In the JobFinished subscriber: if the job has been completed without errors send emails to the users you stored in your new users collection

Regards, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 1

Dan Hørlyck
Dan Hørlyck

Hi Reynir,

I will send you the dll directly.

Sincerely,

Dan

Reynir Viðar Ingason

Thank you Dmitrij,

This looks like a reasonable solution, I will be sure to update this thread once I have implemented it.

Reynir

You must be logged in to post in the forum