Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Import shipping fee info

Import shipping fee info

Yung Yi Wong

Hi,

For a client I need to import their shipping fee information. I'm trying to do this from an XML file to dynamic web.

Currently these are the columns that I get from them: [COUNTRY], [LOW_RANGEVALUE], [HIGH_RANGEVALUE], [VALUE], [FK_SHIPPINGAGENT], [SHIPPINGAGENT_NAME]

- country is country code ex: NL, DK

- lowrange and highrange are weight value

- value is price

- fk key I prolly dont use/need

- shippingagentname ex: GLS, FEDEX

Am I supposed to use the dynamic web provider as destination souce? Which column can I map to dw column?? Am I missing information that I need for mapping to database?

Replies

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Yung,

An export of a Dynamicweb database table to XML will provide you with an XML in the format we can also import. To obtain that for shipping:

In the administration, try setting up a shipping fee as you would like it to be. When done, set up a Data Integration job, using Dynamicweb Provider as source and XML Provider for destination. When you get to mapping the proper tables, you should notice these two tables:

• EcomShippings
  • EcomFee

From EcomShippings to EcomFee there is a one-to-many relationship.

EcomShippings will always hold a record when a shipping fee has been set up. EcomShippings can hold a single default shipping fee. If the shipping holds additional fee information due to different weight and/or volume limits, then this information is found in table EcomFee that will have a reference to EcomShippings via column FeeMethod.

When setting up the Data Integration job, map table EcomShippings and EcomFee. You will most probably have 1 entry for EcomShippings and multiple entries for EcomFee. The informaton in EcomShipping may be static (once created), and only records in EcomFee need to be updated/inserted/deleted. That's for you to decide.

After setting up and executing the Data Integration job, the generated XML will have the same format as we would like to receive on an import. If you open the XML, you should be able to recognize the shipping fee you initially set up. Review the information and compare the information with what you need to import.

As mentioned, you now have an XML in proper format. Either have customer produce an XML in this format or use XSL to transform the received XML to the format that Data Integration recognizes. XML Provider has the option of applying XLST on both import and export.

You can find more information about the Data Integration Providers in this link.

Let me know if the above is helpful.

Best regards
Morten Snedker

You must be logged in to post in the forum