Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Change naming of "empty rows" and "empty columns"

Change naming of "empty rows" and "empty columns"

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

I have been explaining the visual editor to many people, and there is almost always some confusion about the concept of "empty" rows and columns.

I understand that these need to be distuinghuised from template rows and columns, and since they are "filled" with content I suspect that has lead to the term "empty" for columns and rows that are not based on a template.

For a row empty makes some sense, but a paragraph is actually not empty since it will contain some sort of component. (a bit off-topic maybe, but empty also has a negative feel which is good to avoid)

Maybe in DW10 context the word empty can just be omitted? Since it is pretty clear that the top left lists templates of rows or paragraphs, I think it will be intuitive that the paragraphs on the bottom left will then not be based on a template. I the "All row templates" would be in the same fonts as "ROWS" that could work? 

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Justin

Thank you for the feedback.

We have picked this up in the UX team and will adjust some of these things when we have worked through them and talked to some more users.

Thanks, Nicolai