Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » 2 factor authentication

2 factor authentication

Ben Doorn

Hi,

Are there any plans to implement 2 factor authentication (with the Google authenticator app or the Microsoft authenticator app) in the Extranet (and Admin) login?

Kind regards,

Ben

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Ben

Dynamicweb supports OAuth on the extranet module to support external login providers: http://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/users/user-management/external-authentication

It is possible to create your own providers by implementing an External Login Provider: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/api/html/516db7c7-5c79-eb68-9d2b-adbec3c10b22.htm

Currently we do not have the support for /admin yet - but it will come to support stuff like your D365 login etc.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Ben Doorn

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for the information. In that case we will implement the 2 factor authentication ourselfs.

Krdgs,

Ben

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Hi Nicolai,

Do you have any new plans for adding two factor authentication to the administration?

Best regards, Anders

Nicolai Pedersen

No, not really, but we start to hear the request from time to time. It is not that difficult to implement, so depending on your requirements, I might do it on my flight home :-).

What approach would you prefer/be satisfied with? It would be relatively simple to implement sending a code to the email - if we were to support SMS codes, it would be a little more effort and there should be some kind of SMS service.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

+1

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

I know it might seem overkill but maybe consider adding some sort of "Authorized devices"?

Adrian

Anders Thoresen
Anders Thoresen

Whats the status of this? We got a request from a mayor client about support 2 factor authentication on the admin (and probably for all users coming next).

In most cases supporting a code sent on email and/or sms should suffice as a minimum that would satisfy most requirements.