Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Upgrade to 9.4.10

Upgrade to 9.4.10

Kevin O'Driscoll

My first upgrade to 9. from an early version of 8 > 8.902.21 > 9.4.10. This site is using wrap with custom modules (which are temporarily disabled for the upgrade, post build). All went well apart from a few deprecated frontend tags fixed easily. Resolved all vs build issues and successful build.

Got to the homepage finally and found every single page link resolved to /admin. Inspecting the links they were all intact, browsing directly they all resolved to /admin. Some redirect added?

(I resolved the Wrap issue)

Kevin

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Kevin

Not Sure I understand the question...?

BR Nicolai

Kevin O'Driscoll

Hi Nicolai, sorry a bit vague... I understand DW 9 is MVC based and my old 8 solution is Web Forms based. My custom module solution would normally have the Default.aspx from the Application in the root, so I guess in 9 thats not the way to do it (There is no default.aspx in DW9 Application root). Using the default.aspx from the Application Admin root, the site displays ok in the DW9 solution, but all the URL links are resolving to the Admin.

We have 3 sites for upgrade during the next few months, all are based on the Custom Module setup as we do for DW8.

Following Imars example here: http://developer.dynamicweb-cms.com/documentation/for-developers/dynamicweb-custom-modules/building-modules-series/7-steps-background.aspx

And tried following this: https://vimeo.com/217447832 and this: https://vimeo.com/221742471

So I guess Im looking for advice on how to migrate to DW9 from the DW8 Custom Module setup. 

Do I need to convert all my modules to views?

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Kevin

You can still use the .aspx files for custom modules in DW9 - but you have to recompile them after updating your use of our API and you probably also have to change some UI controls and layout to make it look right.

You should not have any .aspx files in the root of the application folder.

Have you looked at this guide:

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/releases/upgrading/upgrading-to-dynamicweb-9

BR Nicolai

Kevin O'Driscoll

Hi Nicolai, I have read the upgrade notes yet again, and made some changes that seemed to help thanks. So now I have this error from Product catalogue module (Product List):

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
   at System.Decimal..ctor(Double value)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Prices.PriceInfo.ConvertToPIP(Double amount)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Prices.PriceInfo.get_PricePIP()
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Renderer.RenderPriceInfo(IPriceInfo price, Template template, String tagName)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Renderer.RenderProduct(Product product, Boolean extendedProperties, Template template, Int32 loopCounter, Boolean renderRelated, String productUrl, Int32 quantity, Int32 wishListId, Boolean renderPublicList, Boolean isRecursiveCall, Lazy`1 categoryFieldSorting, Int32 orderLineOfProductCount)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Renderer.RenderProducts(ProductCollection products, Template parentTemplate, String loopName, Int32 loopCounter, Boolean renderRelatedProducts, Boolean renderRelatedLists, Boolean isRecursive)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Renderer.RenderProducts(ProductCollection products, Template parentTemplate)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Renderer.RenderProducts(ProductCollection products)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Frontend.ListProducts(ProductCollection products, String groupsIdent, Boolean hasBeenSorted)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Frontend.List(String groups)
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Frontend.EcomRender()
   at Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Frontend.Frontend.GetContent()
   at Dynamicweb.Frontend.Content.GetModuleOutput(Paragraph paragraph, PageView pageview)

This looks like an internal error in the module. We are using bulk integration for Products and Live Integration for Prices. I have installed Dynamicweb.eCommerce.LiveIntegration.dll (v 1.0.0.16) in the bin folder of the solution. Do I need to upgrade the SERVICE .dlls? The Live call in testing Response XML= "Attempted to divide by zero."  Sounds related to this error

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Kevin

The error indicates that the value in the database is either bigger or less than  +/- 79,228,162,514,264,337,593,543,950,335. If that is your product price, I am not sure you will ever sell one - and if you do, I want to be at the party :-).

Anyways - you integrate the price. So what is the database field type of the field containing the price and what does the XML data feed look like? It sounds like a bug somewhere in there.

You write that you use Dynamicweb.eCommerce.LiveIntegration - I do not like the small e - it should be the big E... So maybe you did not upgrade that one? Or did you use your own custom?

BR Nicolai

Kevin O'Driscoll

Hi Nicolai

You'll definately get the invite. Ill check whats going on with the Price data, its why i thought I may need to update the DW .dlls on the integration service which is hosted remotely. Meantime I got my Productcatalogs working without pricing for the moment. The DB Type for ProductPrice is float, null. But pricing is served from a service.

The problem now is the Site and Product Search results which are based on Lucene Index queries, using a productcatalog module, are not returning any data. I note smart search is not supported in 9 but use repositories which we are doing already, although there are Smart Searches that need to be migrated (mostly for sales campaigns).

The Live integration .dll was from https://doc.dynamicweb.com/Files/Files/Downloads/Integration/Dynamicweb9.Ecommerce.LiveIntegration.dll(1.0.0.16).zip. This contains a .dll named Dynamicweb.eCommerce.LiveIntegration.dll

I have a question about using repositories for storing filter parameters which Ill start an new thread.

Rgds

Kevin

You must be logged in to post in the forum