Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Password Encryption - Extranet

Password Encryption - Extranet

Nancy Morano Dynamicweb Employee
Nancy Morano

We have just launched a new website for Lorenz Corporation on version 9.8.10.  As part of the pre-launch steps, I was to encrypt all passwords.

I am receiving an error when trying to ENCRYPT USER PASSWORDS for:  PASSWORD SECURITY - EXTRANET
It just displays "Waiting"...and then I eventually get an error message stating that "Something went wrong"

I have tried to run this multiple times with no luck.  Any idea why this won't complete?  Thanks.

(Note:  I was able to successfully encrypt all passwords under the PASSWORD SECURITY - DYNAMICWEB ADMINISTRATION)

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

How many extranet users does your solution have in fact? I was able to reproduce the issue with many users (700K) only. TFS 84288 has been submitted to research and fix the bug. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Nancy Morano

Thank you Oleg!  The site I am experiencing this error on has a total of about 129,000 users.  

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Nancy

The problem regarding (#84288) encryption has been fixed in Dynamicweb Hotfix version 9.9.2

You are able to find this in the release download section:

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/releases

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Nancy Morano

Thank you very much for this update.

Nancy Morano

Hello,

We just want to let you know that we are continuing to see this issue with Encrypting User Passwords - Extranet on 9.10.16 with less than 50k users:

Thank you,

Nancy Morano

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hello Nancy,

I was able to reproduce the bug on my test environment based on last DW9.10.17 as well, fixes provided by task above seems not to have been merged to DW9.10/DW9.12 or lost. I've created new 5326 to fix the bug again. Thanks for finding, sorry for inconvinience.

BR, Oleg QA

Nancy Morano

Thank you very much for this update Oleg!

You must be logged in to post in the forum