Developer forum

Forum » Development » Cannot debug Swift_Master?

Cannot debug Swift_Master?

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

I'm running a local solution in IIS, and I can debug all templates in the Paragraphs folder fine by attaching to the w3wp process.

When I try to set a breakpoint in the Swift_Master.cshtml, VS tells me no symbols are loaded. Same for Swift_Preferences.cshtml.

I suspect this could be some sort of Application Lifecycle caused issue, but just wanted to check if something could be wrong with my local setup?

Thanks,

Justin

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Master and layout templates are parsed into /Swift/_parsed/ template and you need to attach your debugger to the parsed version.

The parsed version will be a combination of the layout and the master template.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Justin Sjouw

I can debug most pages in _parsed. But for some reason not Swift_Sitemap.xml.parsed.cshtml.

Any idea why that could be?

I'm trying to figure out why the sitemap does not show languages, they are in the URL index, but don't show up in the sitemap. I wil probably need to find a checkbox :-)

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Sitemap.xml can come from that page template using a page in DW in Swift.
But only if a page is setup with it using that template and URL. But you should not use that implementation but use the built in sitemap.xml feature.

The sitemap.xml.cshtml template is made as an example for those customers that has specific needs or other opinions on what should be in the sitemap etc.

So disable this page - and remove the sitemap.xml from the URL:

What the above does is it takes over the build in Dynamicweb sitemap.xml generation - and you do not want that.

Justin Sjouw

Got it thanks! Then I still have to figure out why the language url's don't show up, I'll continue that in the other post.

You must be logged in to post in the forum