Developer forum

Forum » Development » Addin for customized urls

Addin for customized urls

Claus Ørum-Petersen

Hello DW,

Been looking through the api doc for addin functionality for altering the urls generated, but can't seem to find anything related to extensions even though customized urls are mentioned in CMS extensibility. The reason is I'm trying to manipulate the url in a way to only be ecom relevant (SEO related). Would it be possible via an addin (hints in image) ?

Basically removing the content and top level ecom group from urls would be what I'm looking for.

2019-06-04_1320.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Claus

It is a URL Provider you are refering to. And it will not be able to solve your request: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/api/html/a888c724-af2e-446c-6964-d350e922e777.htm

One URLProvider handles only part of the querystring - i.e. &GroupID= and cannot remove i.e. the root page. Long and technical explanation...

But hold your horses and await 9.7 (August 27th) as it will have a new URL engine for ecommerce urls to solve exactly this - so you can have urls like this:

• /products (List of all products - this is a page)
  • /my-awesome-group  (List of all products in this group - this is the products page with a group attached to it - url in the root of the website)
  • /my-awesome-product  (This is a product - this is the products page with a group and product attached to it - url in the root of the website)
  • /seo-experts-are-not-using-knowledge.php is a page that has been given whatever you want a page to be called.

You will get a number of settings to control languages, group structures and product/variant names etc. Because no 2 SEO "Experts" have same opinions :-)

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Claus Ørum-Petersen

Hi Nicolai,

That sounds awesome - guess we will have to wait until August :)

/Claus

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Because no 2 SEO "Experts" have same opinions :-)

What a superb comment cheeky

You must be logged in to post in the forum