Developer forum

Forum » Templates » XSLT ecom navigation sortng issue

XSLT ecom navigation sortng issue

Peter Leleulya

Hi guys,

We have an application which uses XSLT for it's navigation.
It renders the ecom groups, but not sorted in the order the administrator ordered the groups in the CMS ...
They seem to be sorted by Name in the XSLT ...
When I save the XSLT to XML the EcomGroup PageTags do have a Sort value, but that is the value it is sorted on in the XSLT, not the one of the user defined sorting ...
So I can't use an xslt:sort tag ...

Is there a way to use user defined sorting for ecom groups in XSLT navigation in a DW 9.4.5 application ?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, that is how it works with my xslt template. But it might depend on your navigation settings on the page where you added them... So if you add "Selected groups" they will probably be rendered like that...

Otherwise you would have to post your xml and xslt for a look

Peter Leleulya

Hi Nicolai,

For the Product Catalogue settings I use the "Index" radio setting, not the "Product groups"
I tried to use the "Sort By" and setting it to "Sort (Primary Group)" but that didn't help ...
I also sitched to the "Product groups" radio, set display sort by to User defined and switched back to "Index", but that didn't help either.

I'll send you the files by Email ...

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

You are refering to paragraph settings - they have no impact on navigation sorting. That is sorting of products.

I am refering to the navigation settings on the page. If you set specific groups in that, see dump 1, that sort order will be used. Because it could be groups from different levels etc.

If you publish the entire shop, see dump 2, the sort order of the groups will be used. And you can use properties on the groups to not publish some of the groups in navigation instead.

Nicolai

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG
Votes for this answer: 1

Peter Leleulya

Thanks Nicolai, this was exactly the info I needed.
Had to add them one-by-one in the correct order, but after an appool recycle it was in the correct order.

I wrote some internal documentation about this, cause I probably will forget this setting in time ;)

You must be logged in to post in the forum