Developer forum

Forum » Templates » GetImage Crop modes has gotten mixed I think (9.4.11)

GetImage Crop modes has gotten mixed I think (9.4.11)

Jacob Storgaard Jensen

Hi, I'm right now running a 9.4.11 where I get some weird behaviour from GetImage.ashx:

Seem like Crop 1 and 2 has switched places and so has 3 and 4...:
(all the below has been scaled down for forum use)

Anyone else been getting the same?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jacob

Compared to what version? We did a big cleanup before christmas...

Jacob Storgaard Jensen

Hi Nicolai,
it's actually just compared to what the select box is saying in Settings > Developer > Image handler > Crop offset... + https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/platform/platform-tools/image-handler

When you inspect the options in the selectbox in the backend the values match what the documentation states.

But when using the numbers for my query parameter crop=x in my templates, it seems as though the two left and right pairs have swapped their behaviour... compared to what is the described behaviour :-) So if this is what people are used to now it might just be a case of switching the descriptive texts in backend and in the docs...

But the particular client where we discovered it upgraded from 9.3.8 to 9.4.11 on friday 11/5 – when she came back to a page where she had worked with images 3 weeks ago, she noticed that the persons on the images had their scalps cut off :-) So I swapped from crop=4 to crop=3 which made it behave as before... but crop=3 is described to be "From lower right" but it crops "From upper right"...

You must be logged in to post in the forum