Developer forum

Forum » Templates » GDPR - user confirmation via email marketing?

GDPR - user confirmation via email marketing?

Lise T. Pedersen

Because of alle the new GDPR-rules, one of our customers would like to send a newsletter to all existing subscribers, and this has to contain a link - something like "Yes, I accept the consent and would like to receive newsletters in the future"

And by clicking that link, the users name and email will be put in a NEW user list, only with those users, who clicks the link.

But is it at all possible to do this in a newsletter template, or do I have to redirect people to the website in some way?

Any other ways to solve it?

The purpose is of course to be able to document, that all users has accepted to receive newsletters.

Regards,
Lise

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Lise

It is discussed in the end of this thread: http://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/feature-requests/consent-module-any-plans-yet?

But it requires Dynamicweb 9.4.10+

If you do not have that version, you could do something similar using custom fields on the user and a custom template that adds the proof to those custom fields.

BR Nicolai

Lise T. Pedersen

Hi Nicolai (and others)

Insted I have used the "login token" email marketing tag, and the edit user template in user management. Works perfect so far, becausethe user is sent to the page, can see name and email, and click the validate button.

But is it possible, after clicking the button, to redirect the user, e.g. to a "Thanks for your interest" page in some way, like when a new user is created? Now they just click the button, and nothing happens (as they see it) - of course they are updated in user management - but I would like to redirect them too?

/Lise

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Lise

I've asked the service desk to contact you.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum