Developer forum

Forum » Templates » Email marketing - Preheader in newsletter

Email marketing - Preheader in newsletter

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

It seems like I can't prevent Dynamicweb from injecting content from the tag "EmailMarketing:Email.PreHeader" in my newsletter! I have tried to use the tag "EmailMarketing:Email.PreHeader.Clean" like this:

<body>
  @GetString("EmailMarketing:Email.PreHeader.Clean")

But still Dynamicweb injects the content from the tag "EmailMarketing:Email.PreHeader"! I am running DW v9.3.4. What can be wrong?

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Lars,
maybe you should put the placeholder/tag just after the <body> tag with the string like: {{EmailMarketing:Email.PreHeader.Clean}}
Regards, Dmitrij

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Dmitriy

It works with {{EmailMarketing:Email.PreHeader.Clean}}. Strange that the tag @GetString("EmailMarketing:Email.PreHeader.Clean") does not work the same way! Must be a bug, right?

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Lars

Well, strange maybe - but it is not a template tag. It is a email merge tag that needs to work in the editor and text fields and hence has a different syntax - also because they are NOT being handled by the rendering engine, but the email marketing engine... So boring technical explanation. But it would not work with GetString because it is a method being executed on render time which happens once for a sendout where the email merge happens once for each user.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum