Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Website settings being reverted

Website settings being reverted

Fabio Monte

Hello

We are seeing an issue with the site's website settings being reverted everytime a Azure DevOps pipeline is run.

For example, we kept noticing the Mini Cart layout and the Product List grid view kept being reverted to the dropdown and 3 column with static variants respectively. We opted for the 3 column grid with view button and the overlay mini cart only to keep seeing it back to the above options even though we saved the settings to the options above.

After much troubleshoot, it seems there are state_number.dat files that keep the view information for these options and if at some point during the day ,we need to save the settings again and fail to notice it's been changed again after a pipeline run, saving the settings will revert these back to what's saved on these dat files.

We may need to add these files to Git from the Dev environment so that they run into QA/UAT and keep the right settings but is it the best approach? Are there anything we should do to avoid these settings being reverted?

Here's a screencast with the issue: https://www.screencast.com/t/CdI0fI8t5D0E

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Fabio

I do not know what state_number.dat files are. 

Website settings are stored on the database on itemtype_website settings table...

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

They are stored along with the item types in sub folders of \Files\System\Items. Here's what I see in the MiniCart sub folder.

It seems that when you save the settings in the backend, a new file with a new ID is saved with content like this:

Preset_MiniCart_Dropdown_mini-cart

I've seen the same behavior after a deployment pipeline has run. Hadn't thought of these files before but they could certainly be related.

Imar

Fabio Monte

Hi Nicolai.

I didn't found which preset is chosen on the database, it seems it's only the preset options that are stored.

Fabio Monte
Original message by Imar Spaanjaars posted on 21/09/2021 10:49:11:

They are stored along with the item types in sub folders of \Files\System\Items. Here's what I see in the MiniCart sub folder.

It seems that when you save the settings in the backend, a new file with a new ID is saved with content like this:

Preset_MiniCart_Dropdown_mini-cart

I've seen the same behavior after a deployment pipeline has run. Hadn't thought of these files before but they could certainly be related.

Imar

Hi Imar!

Yes, it seems those files store which preset is chosen. I kept seeing the dat files date matching the last pipeline run in QA and UAT environments, which makes me think those need to be in Git too with the options set in Dev and have them run through the pipeline.

You must be logged in to post in the forum