Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Using Alternate images in Rapido

Using Alternate images in Rapido

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have started using the Alternate images in a few of our new solutions and I believe there are some things that might need fixing.

First of all, if you use Alternate images, the "No image" will never show up. That's because the system will always return a value for the default Image, even if the file itself does not exist.

Secondly, if you have 2 images defined in alternate images, the carousel of thumbnails will show 3 thumbnails. That's becauase the main image thumbnail is separate from the Alternative Images loop.

If I am missing some settings to prevent the above, please let me know. I could not find them.

All of the above findings were encountered in Rapido 3.1. I have not tested them against Rapido 3.2. And that's mainly because Rapido 3.2 is still using the old Image approach.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

Rapido has some logic related to images that will handle fallback - so you have to change that logic in order to see what you need.

Rapido 3.2 and DW9.7.2 has a lot of changes related to image patterns as well. So maybe take that as a base.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Coming back to this topic.

How is the PIM ImageCategories property implemented?

I see it in the backend in PIM but I need to use it in font-end as well since those categories make sense to be displayed separately.

I could not find any Loop nor any property on the LoopItems in GetLoop("Details")

Thank you,
Adrian

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Adrian,

It depends on your Dynamicweb version if you have access to the Loop in the template, so you need to run at least 9.7.0.

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/template-tags/ecommerce/product-catalog/product/imagecategories

If you are not able to upgrade, it could probably be achieved by using the API, but it doesn't look like it's super simple

Best regards,

Steffen

Adrian Ursu

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the details. That's what I was expecting.

I am using 9.6.3 in my solution and that's why I could not find it so far.

I will try to upgrade and try again.

Thank you,

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum