Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Urgent need for ability to add headings

Urgent need for ability to add headings

Siv Hansen
Siv Hansen

i've mentioned it before, but this is a huge flaw in the visual editor: How to create headings without having to edit source code. Is this planned in 3.3.2 (or in 3.3.1)?

3) I appreciate the upgrade of the text editor, but I would like to have the option to create headings here, without having to code. For our business the idea is that our customer create the content them self, and most of them are not skilled coders. I cannot ask them to dive into source code for a simple thing as a h2, h3 or such.

An alternative to this would be the ability to stack items in a column and implement a heading item type (which would be even better - both the stacking and the heading item type)

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Siv,

We had the same problem.

I see 2 options:

1. Configure the HTML editor to allow Formatting. This will give you the ability to add headings in the HTMl editor without coding

2. Edit all itemtypes to include (at least) a property for heading format (h1 to h5) and edit your template to support it.

#1 is the simplest way and it is future proof

#2 gives you a bit more control on how you handle the heading but you will have to be careful when upgrading to next Rapido version.

I personally chose #2 and I have extended all item types a lot more than just heading format.

Adrian

Siv Hansen
Siv Hansen

Thanks!

I never thought of 1, so I guess I'll go for that. Our company's approach to DW is that they provide a tool which should be useful, and we configure (and not code) it according to our needs. I don't want changes that would require us to pay extra attention upon upgrade. 

You must be logged in to post in the forum