Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Sales stickers only working for products in the cart

Sales stickers only working for products in the cart

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I am trying to set up Sales Stickers in a Rapido solution but running into some odd behavior. I have a 4+1 product discount where you get 20% off when you add 5 products of the same type to the cart. In order to promote the discount, I want to display a "4+1" sales sticker on the product in the product list, like this:

However, it seems that the sticker doesn't show up *until* I have added those 5 products to the cart first which defeats the whole purpose of the sticker.

What am I missing? Should sales stickers work on product discounts? And are they supposed to show up in the product list without that product being in the cart? Note: the discount itself works great, it's just the sticker that is action weird. Running on the latest 9.10.4.

Thanks!

Inar 

Replies

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko

Hello Imar,

It looks like a bug or maybe it was not implemented and it will be a new feature. So I've created a new tfs task #92039 and assigned to responsible developer. 

Thank you for this finding!

Best regards,

Olga | QA

Nicolai Pedersen

This is not a bug.

The stickers can only show discounts where all the criteria has been met and the discount is applied to the product - on this one, the quantity criteria is not met and the discount is not shown. This might even be an order discount?

To get the discount shown here, the AllDiscounts loop inside the product rendering has to be used. This can be 'dangerous' if the solution has lots of product discounts. And will only work for product discounts...

BR Nicolai

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Can you quantify "dangerous" and "lots of product discounts" a bit? I think from a functionality and conversion perspective, being able to show the sticker at the product list level makes perfect sense. But I can also see why this could be difficult to determine or could be bad for performance.Are there any good alternatives? I thought about creating a custom sticker field at the product level but we have discounts that differ per country, and not per language.

Imar

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, the feature makes sense. Problem is that many criterias can be set and when should the discount show up?

We did add the check box to indicate when almost valid discounts should be shown in a loop. But that is currently only on the cart related to order discounts.

Dangerous is related to performance. Just make sure you test it. I have seen solutions with 10x as many discounts as products... So it depends, you know the drill.

You must be logged in to post in the forum