Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Product list downloads

Product list downloads

Anders W

Hi,

We have a customer that want their users to be able to create and download their own product lists. Is there any functionality in DW/Rapido that can be utilized e.g. printable papers,  or what would be your recommended approach? Maybe add a download option to favorites lists? Any advice is appreciated.

Anders W.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Anders

The printable papers in Rapdio can be configured to a lot of funny stuff. If you follow the setup specified here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/configuration/creating-content/printable-papers#sideNavTitle1-5 you can see that the list of products in the printable papers is just a product list. That product list contains products based on a search - so you can simply create a parameter and a query term that will i.e. take a list of product IDs, and create a link from i.e. favorites, the cart or other product lists that will contain those ids.

I.e. /printablePapers/yourproducts?products=prod1,prod2,prod3 etc. Of course it will not take 1000 products - then you need to use a post.

You can also add user specific information on i.e. the cover page by using the user module (show profile feature) and create a printable paper template for that.

BR Nicolai

Jennifer Johansen Dynamicweb Employee
Jennifer Johansen

Hi Anders W.

If you go to Digital warehouse site on your Rapido full package demo, you can take a look on how we have created a shop.
On this site users can log in and put their product into a context cart.
In the context cart, they are able to download the collected products and generate a PDF either a product list or datasheet, where we have used the concept of the printable papers in backend.

(Remember to build index for Products, PIM and Files)

Here is a guide of how we have build the Digital warehouse

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/configuration/general/digital-warehouse#sideNavTitle1

Maybe you can take inspiration of this approach

Best regards 

Jennifer

Anders W

Thanks Nicolai and Jennifer

We will try digital warehouse and see if it suit our customers needs. But we are experincing difficulties setting it up. We followed the guide but get severeal errors executing template. We even tried to copy both Rapido page template and website settings and import them. Could you have a look and advice us on what we are missing?

link: http://solteq.dwsales.dynamicweb-cms.com/digital-warehouse-2

br,

Anders W

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Anders

When you create a new website based on Rapido templates, you need to assign the item types for website and page properties on edit website - see dump. So that is why the template is failing.

I just tried to add the item type on this solution - but there seem to be issues with the space allocated for this database - I have asked support to fix that.

BR Nicolai

Capture.JPG

Anders W

Thanks Nicolai!

That was just our demo store so database space not really necessary. We wanted to test digital warehouse functionality out on the demo before configuring on actual solution. See link below.

I have assigned website item types but there still seems to be a problem executing page template? -> can you have a look

br,

Anders

Martin Gammelholm
Martin Gammelholm

Hi Anders,

It is working now. Must have been a problem with the old frontpage, I just created a new and then it worked fine.

Anders Wetche

Hi Martin,

Thanks. Trying to set up Download Cart in digital warehouse but keep getting error message "No layout selected for website" when going to cart - although I have selected website layout as Nicolai advised above. Can you tell me where to select the missing layout?

br,

Anders

Jennifer Johansen

Hi Anders

link: http://solteq.dwsales.dynamicweb-cms.com/digital-warehouse-2

I can see on your site you have set up the Layout Rapido:Page template (See img 1)

However, you forgot to set the item types in website settings as Nicolai's screen shot

1. In website settings/Click on website tab on ribbon bar 
  2. Click on item type in the ribbon bar and a modal will appear
  3. In website properties select : Website settings tab (See img2)
  4. In page properties select: Page (See img 2)

Regards

Jennifer

Screen_Shot_2020-02-13_at_13.16.08.png Screen_Shot_2020-02-13_at_13.18.47.png

Anders W

Thank you Jennifer but actually it is this website that I am testing on. I get the following error in download cart:

Error executing template "Designs/Rapido/eCom7/CartV2/Step/DownloadCart.cshtml"

br,

Anders

Jennifer Johansen

Hi Anders 

Sorry, I looked at the first link you send me.
Well as I can see that you have not created any papers below your printable paper item. (See img 1)

Follow this guide.
https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/configuration/creating-content/printable-papers#sideNavTitle1-1

1. You need to create a Paper under your printable paper, using either a Product data sheet paragraph or a product list sheet paragraph.
  2. Define the configuration design its settings for either Product data sheet/product list sheet
  3. Attach product catalog app (On the link there is a guide on which template you need to use on the product catalog app)

I hope this can help you.

2020-02-13_1351.png

Anders W

Hi,

We have set up printable papers in the favorites list and it works great. Our client requests functionality to download the list in csv or other excel friendly format.

Would it be possible to add this feature to printable papers or should we instead set up digital warehouse.

br,

Anders

Jesper Schneider

Hi 

Is it possible to download the list in csv or other excel friendly format?

Best regards

Jesper

You must be logged in to post in the forum