Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Matching Payment Methods to Website Language in Backend Fields

Matching Payment Methods to Website Language in Backend Fields

Lara Arsénio

I need to list of payment options, in the "Custom Tab (Website Settings) - and for that, created a Field, of type “Checkbox list”. 

However, the output is showing duplicate options on the list (Visa, Invoices). That is because it's returning all payment methods, from all languages.

This is the SQL statement used to populate the field: select PaymentID, PaymentName from EcomPayments 

How Can I change it, to return only results whose PaymentLanguageId == the language of the Current Website ()

Here is my list of available payments

PAYMENTLANGUAGEID
PAYMENTID
PAYMENTNAME

LANG1  PAY1  Visa   
LANG1  PAY3  Invoice   
LANG2  PAY1  Visa   
LANG2  PAY6  Invoice   
LANG1  PAY9  Credit Card - eBiz   
LANG1  PAY10  ChargeLogic Connect - TEST 

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I do not think that is possible... 

Nicolai Pedersen

Would you not be able to select payment methods on the cart app instead?

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/ecommerce/apps/shopping-cart#2944

BR Nicolai

Lara Arsénio

Hi Nicolai,

The Payment list is already set in the App. 

My customization would apply only to a subset of users - restricting their payment options to only a few of the full list.

That is why I am adding this as Field in "Custom" settings tab. 

The 2nd Language I got here is related to the Rapido setup, and can be removed - so this still might work for me.

However, i did try a different approach, in case I needed to display in multilanguage setup. 

- Select Payment.ID, Concat(PaymentName, '(', PaymentLanguageId, ')') from EcomPayments

As the SQL throw no error and the setup went successfully - As seen in the image attached, this could be a workaround if needed.

However, on the Backend The Label displayed the Value (PaymentId) instead of the Label that would result from the Concat.

My question is if it is possible to use the Contact to create a composite label (or value)? If so, would need to be changed on the SQL I used?

Untitled_picture.png

Nicolai Pedersen

Maybe - I dunno.

Try giving the column a name - using an as statement

You must be logged in to post in the forum