Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Hide the filters/facets where there are no facets displayed

Hide the filters/facets where there are no facets displayed

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

Hi,

How do we hide the filters/facets where there are no facets displayed? Currently this just shows the left panel title 'Filters' with nothing below it if there are no facets available for the chosen product group. Is there any way to hide this dynamically based on the product group? Or even just to hide it all together?

Regards,

Jon.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jon

Not sure I quite understand - have a screendump?

I would think you need to make a minor change to the template in order to hide the facets column if no facets are present. Alternatively introduce a filter that you know will always be there,

BR Nicolai

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

Hi Nicolai,

Attached is an example. I would like the left column to be hidden if there are no facets available. I can just hide this completely by editing the template, but am not able to work out how to use the FacetGroups to hide this conditionally. It would be ideal if this was already part of the rapido template, as there is no point displaying an empty column if there are no facets.

Regards, Jon.

image002-2.png

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Jon

Yes, you would have to do that in the template somehow. Agree it is not super easy.

We will consider this for the next Rapido version.

A simple work around as suggested would be to add a general filter that will always be there. I.e. a price filter, brand filter or something like that.

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum