Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Customizing Stickers in Dynamic Articles

Customizing Stickers in Dynamic Articles

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi,

I'm using the new Custom Blocks for Dynamic Articles and I wanted to customize the content of the stickers. Instead of showing the category, I wanted to show the date of the article.

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

Replies

Karsten Thuen Dynamicweb Employee
Karsten Thuen

Hi Mafalda

Good question. The place where this is set is in "/ItemPublisher/DynamicList.cshtml" line 163 (Rapido 3.1 and Rapido 3.2)

Unfortunately, now that I look at it, it is currently not really easily extendable. The reason is that the Block is re-produced inside a loop, and thereby it does not have a good identifier. You can see that in line 145 

Sadly the current solution is to copy this template, and make your customizations. I though we had improved this in Rapido 3.2, but I am sorry to see that this is not the case. I know how to solve for the next release. And I have put it in our roadmap.

Best regards
Karsten Thuen 

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi Karsten,

I also noticed that the Dynamic Articles Page is rather hard to tweak around with, as it is basically three big blocks: header, body and related. I wanted to remove the subheading from the header and put in the body, for example, and I had to replace the whole "ArticleHead" component just to remove the subheading from the header.

Rapido 3.2 was already a big improvement compare to the previous version when it comes to making Dynamic Articles customizable, building on that for future releases would be great.

Regards

Karsten Thuen Dynamicweb Employee
Karsten Thuen

Hi Mafalda

Thank you for the response. Yes, we can always be better. And here are something that could easily be improved.

Best regards
Karsten Thuen

You must be logged in to post in the forum