Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Custom website settings in Rapido

Custom website settings in Rapido

Søren Bremholm Jakobsen

Hi,

I have created two custom website settings (link to pages) in the custom website itemtype - how do I the render the content in the product template?

have tried different tage - ex. var freeShippingPage = Pageview.Area.Item["FreeShippingPage"];

But I have found the right tag yet. The systemname for the Item is FreeShippingPage.

The product template uses the RazorTemplateModel @inherits Dynamicweb.Rendering.RazorTemplateBase<Dynamicweb.Rendering.RazorTemplateModel<Dynamicweb.Rendering.Template>>

Replies

Karsten Thuen Dynamicweb Employee
Karsten Thuen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Søren

You are on the right path by using Pageview. As "Custom settings" is a shared item type, to get the value outside of the Master is not that simple. But it is possible. Here is one way to do it:

@{
      Dynamicweb.Content.Items.Item customSettings = Dynamicweb.Content.Items.Item.GetItemById("CustomSettings", Pageview.Area.Item["CustomSettings"].ToString());
      string freeShippingPage = customSettings["FreeShippingPage"];

}

Hope it works

Best regards
Karsten Thuen

Votes for this answer: 1

Søren Bremholm Jakobsen

Thanks for guiding me Karstensmiley,

just had to make some minor changes:

@{
                    Dynamicweb.Content.Items.Item customSettings = Dynamicweb.Content.Items.Item.GetItemById("CustomWebsiteSettings", Pageview.Area.Item["CustomSettings"].ToString());
                    string freeShippingPage = customSettings["FreeShippingPage"].ToString();
                    string exchangePolicyPage = customSettings["ExchangePolicyPage"].ToString();
                }

Thomas Jensen

Hi

In Rapido 3

I have tryed many combinations, to get content from the default custom field "CustomSetting" in to the default master template, not that I want to use that, but if I can get that to work I can properly also get my own to work, including Sørens code

@{
    Dynamicweb.Content.Items.Item customSettings = Dynamicweb.Content.Items.Item.GetItemById("CustomWebsiteSettings", Pageview.Area.Item["CustomSettings"].ToString());
    string CustomSettingsField = customSettings["CustomSettings"].ToString();
}

And all I get is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
What am I missing?

Regards Thomas

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Thomas,

Depending if you're using ViewModels or Templates you can use one of these options:

Model.Item.GetItem("CustomSettings").GetString("YOUR_CUSTOM_FIELD")

Or

Pageview.AreaSettings.GetItem("CustomSettings").GetString("YOUR_CUSTOM_FIELD")

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

Have been struggeling getting a custom field from CustomSettings. Because Nuno's solution does not work on Rapido 3.3. Here this is the way to get custom website settings if you use Templates:

Pageview.AreaSettings.GetItem("Custom").GetItem("CustomSettings").GetString("YOUR_CUSTOM_FIELD")

If you're using ViewModels it must be (have not tried it!):

Model.Item.GetItem("Custom").GetItem("CustomSettings").GetString("YOUR_CUSTOM_FIELD")

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Lars,

If you are using the Model, you should use Model.Area.Item.GetItem("Custom")...

Adrian

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Adrian

Thanks Adrian. As I wrote I haven't tried it wink

You must be logged in to post in the forum