Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » #topnavigation hiding sub-pages under ecommerce context

#topnavigation hiding sub-pages under ecommerce context

Lara Arsénio
The Navigation area declared bellow is hiding the submenu of a menu-item that is in a ecommerce context.

We have 3 pages under 'Models' top-level page, which has ecommerce enabled, under Navigation Settings.

:
1)  /models/getting-started-with-rvs
2)  /models/motorized/
3)  /models/towables/

1) Is a regular content page
2) and 3) Are Product Groups

The problem is:
When we navigate in 2) or 3) the sub-pages of 1) disappear from the navigation menu.
Only When we navigate on any other page, the Navigation shows the expected sub-pages of 1).

See the images attached with the menu behavior and navigation settings.

(/models/getting-started-with-rvs), when navigating in eCommerce context (/models/motorized/ or /models/towables/).
That is because the page Models has the Ecommerce navigation active - and the "Getting started with RV's" is not a Ecommerce related directory, despite being under a Ecommerce top level Page. 

@RenderNavigation(new
{
    id = "topnavigation",
    cssclass = "menu dw-mod dwnavigation u-full-max-width u-flex grid--wrap",
    startLevel = startLevel,
    ecomStartLevel = startLevel + 1,
    endlevel = 5,
    expandmode = "all",
    template = "BaseMenuWithDropdown.xslt"
});
Navigation-settings.PNG outside-ecommerce.png under-ecommerce.png

Replies

Karsten Thuen Dynamicweb Employee
Karsten Thuen

Hi Lara

I am not sure I fully understand your setup. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is it not possible for you to enable the "Ecommerce navigation" only on "/models/motorized/" and "/models/towables/"? And then, of course, not enable it on the root "models" page. 

Best regards
Karsten Thuen

Steve Knutson

Hi 

We are having the same issue with a slightly different setup

We have a top level page (called Crops) which has our Product Catalogue attached and Ecommerce Navigation enabled. Under that we have a regular content page called Crop Management. The menu structure we wish to generate is as follows...

Crops

Crop Management (Regular page)
  Group 1
  Group 2
  etc

This is what is generated when you are not within in the Ecommerce Navigation i.e On one of the Groups or Product pages, but as soon you navigate to one of those ecommerce pages the Crop Management page is no longer included in the Navigation xml and dissapears from the menu.

This is a slightly different setup to Lara's and as such we cant just move the ecommerce navigation to a child page.

Look forward to  your response

Thanks
Steve

Steve Knutson

Hi

Just wanted to add that our issue is on a custom implementation of DW, not based on Rapido. Just in case that makes a difference

Thanks

Steve

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Steve

How do you call the navigation - what settings? Can we see a copy of the navigation xslt and the xml you get with ?savexml=true (Find the xml file next to the XSLT file)

Thanks, Nicolai

Steve Knutson

Hi Nicolai

I have attached a screenshot of our ecom navigation settings on the top level Crops page (ecomnav.png).

There is also an image of the generated navigation menu and saved navigation xml (via savexml=true) from when the user is outside of the ecom navigation structure (menu-1.png, navbar-1.xml) and under the ecom navigation structure (menu-2.png, navbar-2.xml). As you can see once under the ecom navigation structure the regular content page no longer appears in the navigation xml.

I havnt provided the xslt since the issue is the page is not included in the navigation xml.

The menu is rendered in the master page using 

@RenderNavigation(new
                                {
                                    Id = "navbar",
                                    Template = "navbar.xslt",
                                    ExpandMode = "All",
                                    EndLevel = 3
                                })

Thanks

Steve

ecomnav.png menu-1.png menu-2.png

Steve Knutson

Hi Nicolai

Further to my reply we have noticed that this issue on occurs if the Product Catalog is set on the page with the Ecom Navigation set i.e. The Crops page. If we move the product catalog to another page and set this as the Prodcut page in the Ecommerce Navigation settings it all works fine.

Thanks

Steve

You must be logged in to post in the forum