Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Setting default image YSOD

Setting default image YSOD

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Using 9.13.6, we're trying to assign a default image manualy to a product and we're getting an exception (YSOD). I am attaching the image, a link to the screencast for the repro steps and the stack trace. 

What's odd, is that we've been doing this and had no issues previously. Any thoughts why this would start to happen?

https://www.screencast.com/t/KkdwBafrj2wN

Server Error in '/' Application.

Incorrect syntax near 'U'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near 'U'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near 'U'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +3331296
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +334
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4289
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted) +514
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest) +3392
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) +725
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) +551
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +391
   Dynamicweb.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand command) +521
   Dynamicweb.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBuilder commandBuilder, IDbConnection connection, IDbTransaction transaction, Int32 commandTimeout) +102
   Dynamicweb.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBuilder commandBuilder, IDbConnection connection, Boolean useTransaction, Int32 commandTimeout) +197
   Dynamicweb.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBuilder commandBuilder, Boolean useTransaction, Int32 commandTimeout) +58
   Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Products.DetailRepository.Save(Detail detail, String detailProductId, String detailVariantId) +715
   Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Products.DetailService.Save(Detail detail, String detailProductId, String detailVariantId) +159
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimManageImages.HandleCommand(String cmd) +943
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimManageImages.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +92
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +108
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +90
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1533
DELL_MONITOR.jpg

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Nuno,

The issue (I see the exception on adding image even not set as default and saving after it) is bugged by task 7728 has been created. Thanks for observing.

BR, Oleg QA 

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Thanks Oleg

Gunnar Örn Baldursson

Hi,

we just got contacted by a customer because of this issue. do you have an ETA for when a patch is available that I can report back to them?

Dynamicweb Employee
Jason Harwell

I am also having the same issue on another project. 

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

the fix is already under developing, I hope it will be provided with next upcoming DW release. Sorry for inconvenience.

BR, Oleg QA

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Was this fixed in 9.13.7? The bug list says so, but I am running into the same issue on a solution running 9.13.7. Was anything else in the setup required to fix this?

Thanks,

Imar

Oleg Rodionov

The issue has been fixed by task 7654 on 9.13.7 and I was not able to reproduce it on my test environment based on the admin's version as well as on last 9.13.11. Here is video regarding the check. Please, specify your case if still reproduced.

BR, Oleg QA

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi,

Be aware, that the fix #7728 was first implemented in DW9.13.8

/Søren

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

7728 was marked as a duplicate of 7654 and contains no code changes itself. 7728 is indeed marked as released in 9.13.8 but 7654 was released in 9.13.7.

I tracked it down further and it seems that although I am running on 9.13.7, my Dynamicweb.Ecommerce DLL doesn't contain the fix. I decompiled the code of that assembly and compared it with the one from the official release and I can see the fix in the official DLL but not in mine. What's interesting is that both DLLs have 1.13.50 as the product version, yet contain different code. Looks like a versioning issue which gave us an old DLL at the time of upgrade.

Imar

You must be logged in to post in the forum