Developer forum

Forum » PIM » ProductCategoryFieldValue's only updated on the master language

ProductCategoryFieldValue's only updated on the master language

Keerthy Sethupathy

We have complety stock solution running 9.9.6. 

Here i have created a new productcategory, which i want to use on a productgroup. The products are available on multiple languages. 

The system does only save the value, on the default language. The category has been created on all languages. 

The fields are grey, and they do not have a seperate row in the datebase. 

I would like to to be able to use the Excel import/export to manage my products, but the values are only saved/changed on the default language. 

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Keerthy,

Have you checked the Fields section under Settings/Ecommerce/Advanced/Fields?

In there, you can decide for each field if you want to inherit values from Master Language or allow to edit the values for each language.

Adrian

Keerthy Sethupathy

Hi Adrian, 

I have tried both ways, but they do not work for ProductCategoryFields. 

What mean, is that it does not create the extra rows in the database which is needed, to make them work on the frontend.

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Keerthy,

For "ListBox" type of fields, the system will store the value of the option and display the translation of the option. Which means that you can translate the options labels in the definition of the Field. This should solve the situation where you have the same value stored on the product but you want to display a different label.

It des not solve the situation where you want to be able to select a different value for each language. I don't remember having a situation where I would need different values for each language, therefore I am not sure if this is supposed to allow you to select a different value for each language or not.

It may be a dumb question but have you saved your products first, in each language?

Adrian

Keerthy Sethupathy

Hi Adrian, 

I do not wish to change the value across the different languages.

Yes correct, that i can change the label, but not the value. 

Yes, the product are saved on the 3 languages i need. 

There is 3 rows in the EcomProducts table to prove that. 

I will try to make it as clear as possible :) 

What i need is to see 3 rows in the database table: EcomProductCategoryFieldValue

where the field: Material is saved on English, Danish and german. This needs to happen via the Excel import. 

This can now only heppen if i manually go into the product in PIM and set a value on the 3 langauges. 

You must be logged in to post in the forum